Dead Space 2 is a very popular game that tends to run quite slow on some peoples computers but they don’t know why. There could be a lot of reasons as to why the game is running slow all the time and the following tutorial will show you how to speed up Dead Space 2 and keep it running as fast as possible for a long time.
What Causes Dead Space 2 To Run Slow
Something that would cause a computer game to run slow would be either one of the following conditions:
- Registry keys are out of place or deleted, damaged or corrupt
- Windows settings have changed
- Dead Space 2 files are damaged or corrupt
- Other programs are running in the background
How To Stop Dead Space 2 Running Slow
Step 1 – Re-install Dead Space 2
First of all the problem lies within Dead Space 2 and its related files so it is recommended that you first uninstall the game and then re-install it. To uninstall Dead Space 2 follow the instructions below:
- Click Start
- Control Panel
- Add/Remove Programs
- Select Dead Space 2 and click Uninstall
- Follow the wizard and remove all instances of the game
- Restart your computer
- Install the game again
Step 2 – Lower The In-Game Graphics Levels
- Click onto the Dead Space 2 game
- Select the “Options” menu
- Locate the “Graphics” section of the options menu
- For all the graphics options, lower them to their lowest settings possible
Step 3 – Ensure That You Have All The Updated Drivers
- Click onto Start > Control Panel > Device Manager
- Select the hardware which could have corrupted / outdated drivers
- Right-click onto the device and click “Update”
- Update all the drivers that you can
Step 4 – Close Other Programs Whilst Playing
It is recommended that you close down any other programs whilst playing Dead Space 2 because they will take up so much memory that your computer will find it extremely difficult to process all the information once which will cause your game to run slow again.
Step 4 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of Dead Space 2 Problems is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many Windows errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.