atl71.dll Error Fix Tutorial
atl71.dll errors are a caused by the ATL component of your system, which is an integral part of the Windows system which helps your system to load up in the most effective way possible. We’ve found that although this file is used by a number of important settings for your system, it’s continually leading a large number of problems to show – making it vital that you’re able to clean out the possible errors that this part of your computer may have, by using the tutorial on this page.
What Causes ATL71.dll Errors?
- The ATL71.dll file will be damaged / corrupted
- Your PC will have errors with its settings
- Your system will have problems with its software
How To Fix The ATL71.dll Error
Step 1 – Re-Install Any Software Causing Errors
The first step is to re-install any programs that will be showing the atl71.dll errors. It’s often the case that games will be unable to process this file correctly, and thus show the errors you’re experiencing. To fix this, you can follow these steps:
- Click onto “Start“
- Locate “Control Panel” & click it
- Click onto “Add / Remove Programs” (Win XP) or “Uninstall A Program” (Win 7)
- Click onto the game that’s causing problems
- Click “Remove“
- Follow the Uninstall Process
- Restart Your PC
- Re-Install The Program
This will remove the problematic application from your system, and will make sure that your computer is able to properly process the files that it will need to run. We’ve found that this will work for about 80% of systems with the atl71.dll error
Step 2 – Manually Replace ATL71.dll
Manually replacing the atl71.dll file is probably be the best way to repair the error. You need to obtain a fresh copy of the dll file and register it onto your Windows system. Follow these steps to resolve the error:
- Download atl71.dll from the Internet
- Save the atl71.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current atl71.dll on your system
- Rename the current atl71.dll to atl71BACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new atl71.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 atl71.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 3 – Clean Out Your PC With A Registry Cleaner
One of the big causes of atl71.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many atl71.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.