Requested Installation File Not Found Error Fix Tutorial
The error message: Requested Installation File Not Found is an error which occurs when you try to update a Microsoft Office 2003 program from Microsoft Update Web site or for AutoUpdate. Users have reported this error and it should look like this:
Installation Error: Requested Installation File Not Found
Installation Error: File Not Found
What Causes The File Not Found Error
An error or this sort would usually be causes by either one of the following, which are outlined below:
- Specific registry keys have been damaged
- Microsoft Office is corrupt in some way
- Windows settings have changed
How To Fix The File Not Found Error
Step 1 – Use The Original Source Used To Install The First Time
When you receive the error message that is mentioned in the “Symptoms” section, perform one of the following steps to provide the original source that you used to install the program:
- Insert the original Office 2003 program CD that you used to install Office 2003, and then click OK.
- Click Browse, locate the Office 2003 program installation folder on the network, and then click OK.
- Double-click the B21654A.exe file.
A Winzip Self Extractor alert dialog box appears with the following message:
- Click OK.
- To extract the files without installing Microsoft Office OneNote 2003, click to clear the When done unzipping open: SETUP.exe check box. By default, the files are extracted to the C:\OneNote2003.temp folder. If you want the files to be extracted to a different location, change the location.
- Click Unzip.
- When the extraction is complete, you receive the following Winzip Extractor dialog box: 53 file(s) unzipped successfully
- Click OK.
- Click Close to close the WinZip Self-Extractor – B21654A.exe dialog box.
Step 2 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of File not found errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many File not found errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.