Bass.dll Error Fix Tutorial
Bass.dll is a file which is used by Windows systems to help load up a large number of important settings & options for the Sound & Audio settings of your system. Although bass.dll is not widely known throughout the Windows user community, it’s continually causing a large number of errors due to the way in which your PC will either be unable to read it, or have problems with the files which it requires to run.
What Causes Bass.dll Errors?
The errors you’re experiencing with bass.dll are generally going to be caused by the way in which your system will not be able to process the files or options that allows this file to operate. Furthermore, these problems can also be leading the errors to form on your system:
- Your PC has errors with its registry settings
- Windows has errors with the bass.dll file
- Your computer is not able to process the software which needs bass.dll
How To Fix Bass.dll Errors
Step 1 – Manually Replace the Bass.dll File
The Bass.dll error can originate from a corrupt file within the Windows “System32” directory that when loaded causes the Bass.dll error to surface. To replace the file and prevent this error:
- Download bass.dll from the Internet
- Save the Bass.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current Bass.dll on your system
- Rename the current Bass.dll to BassBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new Bass.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 Bass.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 2 – Reinstall Any Erroneous Software
You may need to reinstall the software causing errors to ensure all components are working as they should be. Please make sure you have the Zone Alarm package ready to reinstall before attempting this step.
- Click Start
- Control Panel
- Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall for Windows 7 users
- When the list of programs appear select any erroneous software and select uninstall
- Follow the wizard
- Restart your computer
- Re-install the removed software
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of bass.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind manybass.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.