How To Fix Borlndmm.dll Errors
Borlndmm.dll is a file which is used by the Borland Memory Manager to help control a large number of important settings for programs created with the likes of Delphi & other tools that Borland have designed. Although this file is continually being used to help ensure that your PC can process the huge amount of data required to process the likes of Delphi, it’s continually causing a large number of problems due to the way in which your system will either not be able to access the settings which it requires to run the file, or having errors with the “registry” database of your system.
What Causes Borlndmm.dll Errors?
The errors caused by this file are generally going to be the result of these potential problems:
- Borlndmm.dll will not be readable
- Windows will have some sort of error with its registry database
- The “Delphi” application on your computer will be damaged
How To Fix Borlandmm.dll Errors
Step 1 – Manually Replace the Borlndmm.dll File
The borlndmm.dll error can originate from a corrupted file within the Borland / Delphi directory that when loaded causes the borlndmm.dll error to surface. To replace the file and prevent this error:
- Download borlndmm.dll from the Internet
- Save the borlndmm.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current borlndmm.dll on your system
- Rename the current borlndmm.dll to borlndmmBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new borlndmm.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 borlndmm.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 2 – Reinstall Any Damaged Software
You may need to reinstall the damaged software to ensure all components are working as they should be. Please make sure you have the Zone Alarm package ready to reinstall before attempting this step.
- Click Start
- Control Panel
- Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall for Windows 7 users
- When the list of programs appear select Delphi / any damaged program and select uninstall
- Follow the wizard
- Restart your computer
- Re-install any erroneous software
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of borlndmm.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many borlndmm
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.