Display Driver igfx has stopped responding and has recovered successfully.
The “Display Driver igfx has stopped responding and has recovered successfully” error is a big problem that’s going to prevent your system from being able to access the files and settings that it needs to operate the graphics for a number of high profile games, including Portal 2. The problem is going to be caused by the way this driver will be incorrectly installed. If you want to fix it, you should be able to use the steps outlined on this page to resolve the problem for good.
What Causes This Error?
- The graphics driver is not installed correctly
- Your PC will have some sort of problem with its settings
- The game you’re trying to run will be damaged or corrupted somehow
How To Fix This Error
Step 1 – Re-Install Any Games Causing The Error
Re-Installing the game / program causing the error will get rid of all the settings and files that the program may have. This will not only make sure the game is able to process the settings that it needs to run, but will also make sure that your PC is able to operate much smoother and more reliably than before. Here’s how to do it:
- Click “Start”
- Click “Control Panel”
- Click “Add / Remove Programs”
- Click onto the program that’s causing errors
- Click “Remove”
- Follow the uninstall process
- Restart your PC
- Re-Install the software causing problems
Step 2 – Update The Graphics Driver
- On your keyboard, press WINDOWS KEY + R (loads up “Run”)
- In the dialogue box which loads, type “dxdiag”
- When DXDiag loads, click the “Display” tab
- Look at the “Manufacturer” listing
- Click onto the Internet and search for the manufacturer’s website
- Click onto “Downloads”
- Download their latest graphics driver
- Install the driver
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
The registry is one of the biggest causes of this problem. The issue is that this part of your computer will have a number of errors & options that will be preventing it from being able to operate correctly, leading your PC to run much slower and with many different problems as a result. We’ve found that although the registry is continually being used to help load up a large number of settings for your system, it’s continually being corrupted which will result in the errors you’re seeing on your screen. If you want to fix the problems you’re experiencing, you have to be able to repair any of the issues that the registry may have, which can be done by using a registry cleaner program.
We recommend using a tool called “RegAce System Suite” to scan through your PC and fix any of the issues that the registry may have inside. This can be done by clicking onto this download, installing RegAce System Suite and then letting it repair the various problems that you will have on your computer.