WPCAP.dll Errors Fix Tutorial
WpCap.dll is a file that’s used by the “libpcap 0.7” application on Windows. This program is used to help make your computer run a number of important settings that are used to maintain the smooth operation of your PC. Although it’s a very important file, it can cause a lot of problems and errors, which will result in degraded system performance. To fix the WPCAP.dll error on your system, you should look to resolve the issue with this guide.
What Causes WPCap.dll Errors?
- Your PC will have errors with its registry
- The computer will have problems with its hardware or options
- Windows will not be able to load up the files it requires to run
How To Fix WPCap.dll Errors
Step 1 – Re-Install Any Software Causing Errors
The first step is to re-install any programs that will be showing the wpcap.dll errors. It’s often the case that games will be unable to process this file correctly, and thus show the errors you’re experiencing. To fix this, you can follow these steps:
- Click onto “Start“
- Locate “Control Panel” & click it
- Click onto “Add / Remove Programs” (Win XP) or “Uninstall A Program” (Win 7)
- Click onto the game that’s causing problems
- Click “Remove“
- Follow the Uninstall Process
- Restart Your PC
- Re-Install The Program
This will remove the problematic application from your system, and will make sure that your computer is able to properly process the files that it will need to run. We’ve found that this will work for about 80% of systems with the Wpcap.dll error
Step 2 – Manually Replace Wpcap.dll
Manually replacing the wnaspi32.dll file is probably be the best way to repair the error. You need to obtain a fresh copy of the dll file and register it onto your Windows system. Follow these steps to resolve the error:
- Download Wpcap.dll from the Internet
- Save the wpcap.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current wpcap.dll on your system
- Rename the current wpcap.dll to wpcapBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new wpcap.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 wpcap.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 3 – Clean Out Your PC With A Registry Cleaner
One of the big causes of wpcap.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many wpcap.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.