How To Fix Oc25.dll Errors
OC25.dll is a file that’s used by the Microsoft OLE (Object Linking & Embedding Library) to help load up a number of important programs and settings for your PC. The file is used especially for the likes of Microsoft Office, OpenOffice & a number of other important applications. If you have problems with the OC25.dll file, it either means the file is damaged / corrupted, or your system will have issues with the files that it will be using to operate. The good news is that if you want to make OC25.dll run smoothly again, you can use the steps outlined on this page.
What Causes OC25.dll Errors?
- Windows will not have this file on the system
- The file will somehow be damaged / corrupted
- Windows will have errors with its settings / options
How To Fix OC25.dll Errors
Step 1 – Re-Install Any Software Causing Errors
The first step is to re-install any programs that will be showing the OC25.dll errors. It’s often the case that games will be unable to process this file correctly, and thus show the errors you’re experiencing. To fix this, you can follow these steps:
- Click onto “Start“
- Locate “Control Panel” & click it
- Click onto “Add / Remove Programs” (Win XP) or “Uninstall A Program” (Win 7)
- Click onto the game that’s causing problems
- Click “Remove“
- Follow the Uninstall Process
- Restart Your PC
- Re-Install The Program
This will remove the problematic application from your system, and will make sure that your computer is able to properly process the files that it will need to run. We’ve found that this will work for about 80% of systems with the OC25.dll error
Step 2 – Manually Replace OC25.dll
Manually replacing the OC25.dll file is probably be the best way to repair the error. You need to obtain a fresh copy of the dll file and register it onto your Windows system. Follow these steps to resolve the error:
- Download OC25.dll from the Internet
- Save the OC25.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current OC25.dll on your system
- Rename the current OC25.dll to OC25BACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new OC25.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 OC25.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 3 – Clean Out Your PC With A Registry Cleaner
One of the big causes of OC25.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many OC25.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.