How To Fix XAudio2_4.dll Errors
XAudio2_4.dll is used in the “Game Audio API” to help load up a large number of important settings and options to help your PC operate as smoothly as possible. We’ve found that although X_Audio2_4.dll is a vital part of the Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems which will lead a number of different errors to appear. In order to resolve the xaudio2_4.dll errors on your computer, you have to be able to repair a number of potential issues that will be leading this file to run unreliably. This tutorial is going to show you how to do it.
What Causes XAudio2_4.dll Errors?
- Your PC will have errors with the xaudio2_4.dll file
- Windows will not be able to process the settings that XAudio2_4.dll requires to run
- Windows is unable to read the files and settings required from this file
How To Fix XAudio2_4.dll Errors
Step 1 – Re-Install Any Software Causing Errors
The first step is to re-install any programs that will be showing the xaudio2_4.dll errors. It’s often the case that games will be unable to process this file correctly, and thus show the errors you’re experiencing. To fix this, you can follow these steps:
- Click onto “Start“
- Locate “Control Panel” & click it
- Click onto “Add / Remove Programs” (Win XP) or “Uninstall A Program” (Win 7)
- Click onto the game that’s causing problems
- Click “Remove“
- Follow the Uninstall Process
- Restart Your PC
- Re-Install The Program
This will remove the problematic application from your system, and will make sure that your computer is able to properly process the files that it will need to run. We’ve found that this will work for about 80% of systems with the xaudio2_4.dll error
Step 2 – Manually Replace WNASPI32.dll
Manually replacing the wnaspi32.dll file is probably be the best way to repair the error. You need to obtain a fresh copy of the dll file and register it onto your Windows system. Follow these steps to resolve the error:
- Download xaudio2_4.dll from the Internet
- Save the xaudio2_4.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current xaudio2_4.dll on your system
- Rename the current xaudio2_4.dll to xaudio2_4BACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new wnaspi32.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 xaudio2_4.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 3 – Clean Out Your PC With A Registry Cleaner
One of the big causes of xaudio2_4.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many xaudio2_4.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.