How To Fix Wlansvc.dll Errors
The Wlansvc.dll is a file used to control the “LAN” (Local Area Network) services of Windows. The specific operations of the file are that it will continually allow your system to connect to your network. This can only be achieved because of the Wlansvc.dll file which tells your computer what to do to connect to the network properly.
What Causes The Wlansvc.dll Error
Some of the causes of this particular error are:
- Windows registry keys have been misplaced
- Files have been damaged
- Wlansvc.dll file cannot be found
How To Fix The Wlansvc.dll Error
Step 1 – Manually Replace The Wlansvc.dll File
The first step to fix this file is to manually replace it on your PC. This will essentially allow your computer to correctly process the important options which it requires again, boosting its performance and reliability. Here’s how to achieve this:
- Download Wlansvc.dll from the Internet
- Save the Wlansvc.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current Wlansvc.dll on your system
- Rename the current Wlansvc.dll to WlansvcBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new Wlansvc.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 Wlansvc.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 2 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of Wlansvc.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many Wlansvc.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.