How To Fix The Xolehlp.dll Error
This particular file is associated with the Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator. The purpose of the file is to provide managing functions that are to be utilized by the Distributed Transaction Coordinator. The functions are applied in the Microsoft DTC which itself is responsible for organizing information processing separated into indivisible operations.
What causes the Xolehlp.dll Error?
The main three protagonists to this error are:
- Windows settings have changed
- Registry keys have been deleted
- Specific files have been moved and placed somewhere else
To solves these issues, follow the steps below.
How to Fix the Xolehlp.dll Error
Step 1 – Manually Replace the Xolehlp.dll File
Replacing the file will prevent the error occuring if the file is missing. You can do this by:
- Download Xolehlp.dll from the Internet
- Save the Xolehlp.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current Xolehlp.dll on your system
- Rename the current Xolehlp.dll to XolehlpBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new Xolehlp.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 Xolehlp.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 2 – Update Windows
If you Windows is out of date or has not received the latest updates from Microsoft it could prevent current software from working correctly and also cause your system to malfunction. To remedy this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start
- All Programs
- Windows Update
- Follow the wizard and install all updates
- Restart your computer
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of Xolehlp.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many Xolehlp.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.