Granny2.dll Error Fix
Granny2.dll is an important Dynamic Link Library file that’s used by RAD Game Tools inc to help your software to play a number of important 3D applications. Although this file is continually used by the likes of games & other 3D orientated applications, it’s continually causing a large number of problems, thanks to the way in which this file will become damaged or corrupted. In order to resolve any of the Granny2.dll errors that you may have on your computer, it’s recommended you use the steps outlined on this page.
What Causes Granny2.dll Errors?
The main cause of these errors is actually due to the way in which this file will either become damaged, corrupted or missing. In order to ensure that this is not a problem for your system, you have to be able to repair any of the possible issues that it may have – which can be done by ensuring that the file is working okay, and then that the software that uses it is also functioning correctly.
Here are some of the common causes of Granny2.dll errors:
- The Granny2.dll file will be damaged
- Your PC will have a large number of problems with its settings
- Your system will not be able to process the files needed to help it run your software
How To Fix Granny2.dll Errors
Step 1 – Re-Install Any Software Causing Errors
The first step is to re-install any programs that will be showing the granny2.dll errors. It’s often the case that games will be unable to process this file correctly, and thus show the errors you’re experiencing. To fix this, you can follow these steps:
- Click onto “Start“
- Locate “Control Panel” & click it
- Click onto “Add / Remove Programs” (Win XP) or “Uninstall A Program” (Win 7)
- Click onto the game that’s causing problems
- Click “Remove“
- Follow the Uninstall Process
- Restart Your PC
- Re-Install The Program
This will remove the problematic application from your system, and will make sure that your computer is able to properly process the files that it will need to run. We’ve found that this will work for about 80% of systems with the Granny2.dll error
Step 2 – Manually Replace Granny2.dll
Manually replacing the Granny2.dll file is probably be the best way to repair the error. You need to obtain a fresh copy of the dll file and register it onto your Windows system. Follow these steps to resolve the error:
- Download Granny2.dll from the Internet
- Save the Granny2.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current Granny2.dll on your system
- Rename the current Granny2.dll to Granny2BACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new Granny2.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 Granny2.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 3 – Clean Out Your PC With A Registry Cleaner
One of the big causes of granny2.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many granny2.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.