How To Fix The Xmltok.dll error
The XMLtok.dll is a safe .dll file that is associated with making and inputting tokens for Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT) engine. This particular library file is used for the security of the network computer and can be found in computers which require a large of use the network and the internet. It only has a low file size, at 70kb, so takes up little physical memory on the computer, but can cause an error to occur if it is not running correctly.
What Causes the XMLtok.dll Error?
The XMLtok.dll error is most likely caused by these three issues:
- Windows settings have changed
- Registry keys have been deleted
- Specific files have been moved and placed somewhere else
The best way to solve this is to follow the in depth steps given below.
How To Fix XMLtok.dll error
Step 1 – Manually replace the XMLtok.dll file
Replacing the XMLtok.dll file manually reduces the risk of a corrupt or missing file causing the XMLtok.dll error. To replace the file, follow these instructions:
- Download Xmltok.dll from the Internet
- Save the Xmltok.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current Xmltok.dll on your system
- Rename the current Xmltok.dll to XmltokBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new Xmltok.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 Xmltok.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 2 – Update Windows
For whatever reason, your computer may not be accepting Windows updates automatically. This could prevent you from getting the latest and greatest updates which can prevent errors like hte XMLtok.dll error. To update Windows manually:
- Click Start
- All Programs
- Windows Update
- Follow the wizard and install all updates
- Restart your computer
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of Xmltok.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many Xmltok.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.