Glide.dll Error Fix Tutorial
Glide.dll is a file used by the “Voodoo” graphics card product to help make sure that your PC is able to process a number of important graphics & options for your PC. This file is quite old now, but is still very important for the likes of Doom & other important games. We’ve found one of the biggest causes of problems for the file is that it’s continually being outdated, corrupted and damaged. In order to resolve the problems it has, we recommend using the steps outlined on this page.
What Causes Glide.dll Errors?
- The glide.dll file will be damaged or corrupted
- Windows will have registry errors
- Your PC will be outdated
How To Fix Glide.dll Errors
Step 1 – Re-Install Any Software Causing Errors
The first step is to re-install any programs that will be showing the Glide.dll errors. It’s often the case that games will be unable to process this file correctly, and thus show the errors you’re experiencing. To fix this, you can follow these steps:
- Click onto “Start“
- Locate “Control Panel” & click it
- Click onto “Add / Remove Programs” (Win XP) or “Uninstall A Program” (Win 7)
- Click onto the game that’s causing problems
- Click “Remove“
- Follow the Uninstall Process
- Restart Your PC
- Re-Install The Program
This will remove the problematic application from your system, and will make sure that your computer is able to properly process the files that it will need to run. We’ve found that this will work for about 80% of systems with the glide.dll error
Step 2 – Manually Replace Glide.dll
Manually replacing the glide.dll file is probably be the best way to repair the error. You need to obtain a fresh copy of the dll file and register it onto your Windows system. Follow these steps to resolve the error:
- Download glide.dll from the Internet
- Save the glide.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current glide.dll on your system
- Rename the current glide.dll to glideBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new glide.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 glide.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 3 – Clean Out Your PC With A Registry Cleaner
One of the big causes of glide.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many glide.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.