Zlibwapi.dll Crash Fix
Zlibwapi.dll is an unknown process which shows in Task Manager without running any programs. It is associated with the Automatic Update part of Windows. This part of Windows is usually very reliable but can often cause errors which will need to be resolved. This can be done by following this tutorial.
What Causes Zlibwapi.dll Errors?
This type of error is usually caused by:
- Windows settings have changed dramatically
- Registry keys have been damaged
- PSIKey.dll file is corrupt
How To Fix Zlibwapi.dll Error
Step 1 – Manually Replace the Zlibwapi.dll File
If this file is corrupt it will not function correctly and will cause an error. To resolve this, it is plausible to replace the file manually, which can be done by:
- Download Zlibwapi.dll from the Internet
- Save the Zlibwapi.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current Zlibwapi.dll on your system
- Rename the current Zlibwapi.dll to ZlibwapiBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new Zlibwapi.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 Zlibwapi.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 2 – Turn Off Automatic Updates
Turning off automatic updates will prevent Zlibwapi.dll from loading up automatically, however it is very important you do not use this as a permanent fix as it will cause you to miss out on essential updates for your system. To turn off automatic updates:
- Click Start > Control Panel
- Select Automatic Updates
- Select “Disable Automatic Updates”
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of zlibwapi.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many zlibwapi.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.