Zpeng24.dll error fix tutorial
The Zpeng24.dll is a file associated with the Zone Alarm suite of products; it is a core library from check point file. Zone Alarm is a firewall from Zone labs and if installed on your computer, should be completely harmless. Whilst the file itself may be safe, it can cause various errors if the file is corrupt or not working as it should.
What causes Zpeng24.dll Errors?
There may be some underlying problem with your system that is causing these errors, such as:
- Windows settings have changed dramatically
- Registry keys have been damaged
- Zpeng24.dll file is corrupt
How To Fix Zpeng24.dll Errors
Step 1 – Manually Replace the Zpeng24.dll File
The Zpeng24.dll error can originate from a corrupt file within the Zone Alarm directory that when loaded causes the Zpeng24.dll error to surface. To replace the file and prevent this error:
- Download Zpeng24.dll from the Internet
- Save the Zpeng24.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current Zpeng24.dll on your system
- Rename the current Zpeng24.dll to Zpeng24BACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new Zpeng24.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 Zpeng24.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 2 – Reinstall Zone Alarm Software
You may need to reinstall the Zone Alarm software to ensure all components are working as they should be. Please make sure you have the Zone Alarm package ready to reinstall before attempting this step.
- Click Start
- Control Panel
- Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall for Windows 7 users
- When the list of programs appear select Zone Alarm and select uninstall
- Follow the wizard
- Restart your computer
- Re-install Zone Alarm software
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of zpeng24.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many zpeng24.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.