CEUtil.dll Is Missing Fix
What Causes CEUtil.dll Errors?
- The file will not be readable
- The file will be outdated
- Your system will have errors with its “registry” settings
- Your Windows system will be outdated
The bottom line with this error, along with most other DLL file errors, is that the file will either be misplaced, or unreadable on your PC. This is not usually the fault of the user, but can be fixed by first ensuring the file is working correctly, as well as your PC having the correct files that allow it to run smoothly.
How To Fix CEUtil.dll Errors
Step 1 – Manually Replace CEUtil.dll On Your PC
Manually replacing the ceutil.dll file is probably be the best way to repair the error. You need to obtain a fresh copy of the dll file and register it onto your Windows system. Follow these steps to resolve the error:
- Download ceutil.dll from Our Website
- Save the ceutil.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current ceutil.dll on your system
- Rename the current ceutil.dll to ceutilBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new ceutil.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 ceutil.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 2 – Update Windows
You should also look to update the Windows system. Windows is continually being updated by Microsoft, and as a result it’s the case that many system errors can be resolved by just updating your system. To do this, you should click onto “Start“, click “All Programs“, and then click “Windows Update“. This will allow you to update your system, ensuring the continued smooth operation of your PC as a result. It’s highly recommended that you get the most updates for your system – a process that can be done by just downloading the most updates your system can handle.
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry Of Your PC
One of the main causes of computer problems is the fact that the “registry database” of Windows will either be damaged or incompatible with your PC. We’ve found that a lot of the software on your computer is continually corrupting & damaging the registry database, making your computer run considerably slower & with a lot of problems. The registry database is where a large number of important files are kept for the Windows system, and is what is used to help your PC recall the likes of your desktop wallpaper and your most recent emails. To resolve any problems that the registry may have, you should look to use a program that’s going to repair any of the potential issues that your computer may have inside its registry database – which can be done by using a piece of software called “RegAce System Suite“.