How To Fix 1421 “ERROR CONTROL ID NOT FOUND” Error Code
Error 1421 typically occurs when you run Visual FoxPro 7.0 on your computer. It arises due to your PC’s failure to find a particular Control ID. This type of error can be caused by several factors such as a corrupted or outdated Windows, registry errors, and damaged applications. This tutorial will teach you how this error can be fixed in your computer.
How To Fix The 1421 Error
Step 1 – Update Windows
The first thing that you should do when confronted with this error is to update Windows. The steps below will show you how.
- Click on Start on your Windows Bar
- Next select All Programs
- Next choose Windows Update
- A new window will prompt. On the prompt select Check For Updates (which you would find on the top left corner of the pane)
- After it is done checking for updates, choose Install updates to install current updates
If this doesn’t work, proceed to Step 2
Step 2 – Re-Install Affected Software
Another way to fix this error is to re-install affected software in your system. To accomplish this, follow the steps outlined below.
- Select Start then choose Control Panel
- Next choose Programs and Features
- Look for the affected/damaged program/s in your PC from the list that will be shown on your screen
- Now you can remove the program/s by clicking on the Uninstall button.
- Refresh your settings by restarting your computer
- Check to see if the program/s you have just deleted has been completely uninstalled from your PC. Look if the application is still listed on the Start Menu and the Programs and Features field.
- Insert the CD Installer on your PC’s CD/DVD drive
- Restart your computer once again to refresh settings
- Test the program you have just installed
If the error continues to persist even after you have performed Step 2, consider cleaning your registry.
Step 3 – Clean Out the Registry of Windows
The registry is a very important part of your computer as crucial information gets stored here. Extension files, configurations, and settings that are essential to the operation of both hardware and software in your PC are found here. Suffice to say, you would not be able to use your PC without the registry. However this sector of your system is prone to getting errors as overtime it gets overloaded with data.
Repetitive installing and uninstalling of software, downloading of files from the Internet, moving of programs around your computer, all contribute to your registry getting overwhelmed with information, many of which is non-essential and only serves to slow down your PC and cause errors to surface. In addition, many unnecessary files in the registry are not self-cancelling, in that even if their parent programs have been removed or uninstalled, they will continue to remain there. That is why it is important that you periodically clean your registry to free up space. For this matter it is highly recommended that you use a registry cleaner.