How To Fix Rpcrt4.dll Error
The Rpcrt4.dll file is a file associated with the Remote Procedure Call program, and is used by a number of Windows applications for network and Internet connections, which allow computers and devices to communicate between one another in order to keep your computer in perfect working order. Because this file is a dynamic link library file, this means that it has a specific function that it must carry out in order to keep your system working.
What Causes The Rpcrt4.dll Error
Some of the main causes of this particular error are going to resolve around the file itself and with the Windows registry. Some of the causes are going to be:
- Windows registry keys are damaged and corrupt
- The Rpcrt4.dll file is missing
- Connection has timed out
How To Fix The Rpcrt4.dll Error
Step 1 – Check Your Internet Connection
The first thing you should do is reset your modem or router, as this will refresh your Internet connection. To reset the modem or router follow the instructions:
- Disconnect the cable that connects the computer to the modem
- Turn off the modem and the router.
- NOTE: If the modem or the router does not have a power switch, disconnect the power to the modem or to the router.
- Restart the computer.
- After your computer has restarted, turn on the modem or the router, connect the cable from the computer to the modem or the router, and restart the computer.
- Make sure that all network cables are securely connected.
- Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2 – Manually Replace The Rpcrt4.dll File
- Download Rpcrt4.dll from the Internet
- Save the Rpcrt4.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current Rpcrt4.dll on your system
- Rename the current Rpcrt4.dll to Rpcrt4BACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new Rpcrt4.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 Rpcrt4.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of Rpcrt4.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many rpcrt4.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.