How to Fix the “Out of Memory” Exception System Error the Easy Way
The “out of memory” exception error often occurs on Windows systems. No matter which Windows version you are using, this error may appear out of nowhere. In this article we are going to guide you through the steps that will help you fix the “out of memory” exception Windows error.
What Is the “Out of Memory” Error and How Does It Occur?
This error is especially annoying because it always occurs when you still have large amounts of physical memory available. For example, you may have as much as 2GB of RAM still available, but you will keep getting the “out of memory” error message.
The most likely cause of this error is reaching stress levels when using many large objects. The error is related to Microsoft .NET framework.
“Out of Memory” Exception System Error Fix
Microsoft has confirmed that “out of memory” exception error occurs because of a bug in Microsoft .NET Framework. The company issued a fix for it that is available with .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1. This means that to fix the error, you need to download .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 to your computer. Here is how:
- Go to the Service Pack 1 download page and download SP1. The size of the download is 10MB
- Save the installer on your Desktop
- When the file is fully downloaded, run it and follow the instructions
This should fix the “out of memory” exception error once and for all.
Unfortunately, sometimes simply installing .NET Framework SP1 doesn’t help. Here are the most common reasons why:
- the SP1 installation file got corrupted
- your current .NET Framework installation is faulty
If that’s the case, here is what you need to do.
Step 1: Reinstall .NET Framework
Reinstalling .NET Framework will fix all sorts of errors that are related to it, including the “out of memory” error. To reinstall .NET Framework, do the following:
- Click on Start and go to the Control Panel
- Under Programs, click on the Uninstall a Program link
- Find .NET Framework, click on it to select it and click on the Uninstall button
- Restart your computer
Step 2: Remove Corrupted Entries
Now you need to remove all corrupted entries that got left over from your system:
- Download our recommended Windows repair tool
- Install it and run a complete system cleanup
This will make sure that all corrupted entries are completely removed from your computer.
Step 3: Reinstall .NET Framework
- Download .NET Framework and save it on your PC
- Run the installer and follow its instructions
- The “out of memory” error will be gone with the new installation