Windows Error 1326 Fix
Windows Error 1326 is an error that occurs when trying to download the SR-1 update package for Microsoft Office onto your system for necessary updates. It is important to keep your system updated with the latest upgrades and patches and although people have tried, they have been confronted with errors whilst trying to download this update. The error you will receive will look like this:
“Error 1326. Error getting file security: SQLSOLDB.HLP GetLastError: 2“
What Causes The 1326 Error
This particular error is caused because of underlying problems within your computer such as:
- Registry keys for the update have been damaged
- Windows settings are corrupt
- Microsoft Office files are missing
How To Fix The 1326 Error
Step 1 – Re-Run The SR-1 Update
In order to install the SR-1 update successfully you must re-run the update in a certain way which is explained below:
- On the Start menu, click Run.
- In the Open box, type the following command line “source path\Setup.exe /L2 /V”
- If you do not see the text “VERBOSE” in the first line of text of the “Office 2000 SR-1 Setup(####)_MsiExec.txt” file, you did not create the verbose log file correctly, and you must repeat the preceding command line with the correct command-line switches.
- Open the Windows Installer log file by using WordPad, and search for Return value 3.
- Back up a few lines in the log file to the line that contains the file that the update is having problems patching.
- If the file listed on this line of the log file is listed in the table in step 6, continue with the steps in this article. If the file is not listed in the table, please contact Microsoft Product Support Services.
- Copy the files listed in the following table from your Office 2000 CD into the specified folder location on your hard disk.
- Re-run the SR-1 Update with verbose logging enabled. If you encounter another 2318 or 1326 error message, reapply steps 3 through 6 for the latest problem file listed in the log file.
Step 2 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of Windows 1326 errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many Windows 1326 errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.