0×8007064e Error Fix – Microsoft Security Essentials Repair Guide
The 0×8007064e error is caused by Microsoft Security Essentials conflicting with another PC security tool, preventing it from being able to run the programs you require. Although this error is very common for Windows computers which run more than one security application, it’s a common problem which can only be fixed by using the steps outlined on this page.
What Causes The 0×8007064e Error?
This error is caused by a conflict with the Microsoft Security Essentials program, preventing your PC from being able to properly read the settings & information which it requires to help this software to operate. We’ve found that one of the big causes of problems for this error is that you will likely have a large number of different programs on your system that are trying to run at once, preventing them all from operating. To get rid of this problem, you should look to re-install Security Essentials, as well as a number of other programs.
How to Fix The 0×8007064e Error
Step 1 – Re-Install Microsoft Security Essentials
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl in the Run text box, and then click OK.
- Select Microsoft Security Essentials, and then click Uninstall.
- Restart the computer, and then go to the “Step 3: Reinstall Microsoft Security Essentials” section.
- Click , and in the Search programs and files text box, type Appwiz.cpl, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click Microsoft Security Essentials, and then click Uninstall.
- Restart the computer, and the go to the “Step 3: Reinstall Microsoft Security Essentials” section.
Step 2 – Re-Install Any Conflicting Programs
The next step is to re-install any conflicting programs, as these will likely be stopping Microsoft Security Essentials from running. To do this, you should follow these steps:
- Click “Start”
- Click “Control Panel”
- Click “Add / Remove Programs”
- Select any programs you’ve recently installed
- Remove them from your PC
- Restart Windows
- Re-Install The Remove Programs
Step 3 – Update Windows
We also recommend you update Windows. This process will refresh many of the important files & settings that your system will require to run. This can be done by using these steps:
- Click “Start”
- Select “All Programs”
- Pick “Windows Update
- Download all available updates
Step 4 – Clean Out The Registry Of Windows
The registry is a major cause of problems for your system, as it’s where Windows keeps all the settings & options that your PC requires to run. We’ve found that one of the biggest causes of problems for Windows is that the registry will become damaged & corrupted, preventing your system from running smoothly. You can fix this problem by first ensuring that the registry is working correctly, and then that your system is able to read the various possible issues that the registry may also have.
We recommend using a program called RegAce System Suite to fix the various problems and issues that your computer will have. This tool has been created by a large software company who are able to clean out all the problems that Windows might have inside the registry, allowing your computer to run smoother again.