oleacc.dll Error Repair Guide
Oleacc.dll is a file that’s used by Windows to help load up the “Microsoft Active Accessibility” part of your system. Although this file is extremely important, it’s continually causing a large number of problems for your system, which need to be resolved by first ensuring that Windows is able to fix the possible issues that it may have, as well as replacing this file itself. You can fix the errors that this file has by using the steps outlined on our website.
What Causes Oleacc.dll Errors?
This file is continually causing problems because it’s often being misplaced / damaged on your PC. This problem will not only prevent Windows from being able to operate correctly, but will also prevent a lot of your programs from running properly as well.
- The oleacc.dll file will be damaged
- Your PC will not be able to read oleacc.dll’s settings & options
- Windows will be outdated
How To Fix Oleacc.dll Errors
Step 1 – Re-Install Any Software Causing Errors
The first step is to re-install any programs that will be showing the oleacc.dll errors. It’s often the case that games will be unable to process this file correctly, and thus show the errors you’re experiencing. To fix this, you can follow these steps:
- Click onto “Start“
- Locate “Control Panel” & click it
- Click onto “Add / Remove Programs” (Win XP) or “Uninstall A Program” (Win 7)
- Click onto the game that’s causing problems
- Click “Remove“
- Follow the Uninstall Process
- Restart Your PC
- Re-Install The Program
This will remove the problematic application from your system, and will make sure that your computer is able to properly process the files that it will need to run. We’ve found that this will work for about 80% of systems with the oleacc.dll error
Step 2 – Manually Replace Oleacc.dll
Manually replacing the oleacc.dll file is probably be the best way to repair the error. You need to obtain a fresh copy of the dll file and register it onto your Windows system. Follow these steps to resolve the error:
- Download oleacc.dll from the Internet
- Save the oleacc.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current oleacc.dll on your system
- Rename the current oleacc.dll to oleaccBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new oleacc.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 oleacc.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 3 – Clean Out Your PC With A Registry Cleaner
One of the big causes of oleacc.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many oleacc.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.