hidserv.dll Error Fix Tutorial
HidServ.dll is a file that’s used by the “HID Audio Service” of Windows, to help load up a number of important settings & options to play back audio at a very high quality. Although this file is used continually to help ensure that your system is able to run as smoothly as possible, it’s continually causing a large number of errors due to the way in which Windows will either not be able to save it correctly, or have a number of problems with its settings / options. To fix the hidserv.dll error on your PC, it’s recommended that you’re able to follow the steps outlined on this website.
What Causes HIDServ.dll Errors?
- Your Windows installation has registry errors
- Your system cannot process the files which it requires to operate
- The HIDServ.dll file will be missing or damaged
How To Fix HIDServ.dll Errors
Step 1 – Re-Install Any Software Causing Errors
The first step is to re-install any programs that will be showing the HIDServ.dll errors. It’s often the case that games will be unable to process this file correctly, and thus show the errors you’re experiencing. To fix this, you can follow these steps:
- Click onto “Start“
- Locate “Control Panel” & click it
- Click onto “Add / Remove Programs” (Win XP) or “Uninstall A Program” (Win 7)
- Click onto the game that’s causing problems
- Click “Remove“
- Follow the Uninstall Process
- Restart Your PC
- Re-Install The Program
This will remove the problematic application from your system, and will make sure that your computer is able to properly process the files that it will need to run. We’ve found that this will work for about 80% of systems with the HIDServ.dll error
Step 2 – Manually Replace HIDServ.dll
Manually replacing the HIDServ.dll file is probably be the best way to repair the error. You need to obtain a fresh copy of the dll file and register it onto your Windows system. Follow these steps to resolve the error:
- Download HIDServ.dll from the Internet
- Save the HIDServ.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current HIDServ.dll on your system
- Rename the current HIDServ.dll to HIDServBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new HIDServ.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 HIDServ.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 3 – Clean Out Your PC With A Registry Cleaner
One of the big causes of HIDServ.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many HIDServ.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.