How To Fix ATI2DVAA.dll Errors
The ATI2DVAA.dll file is a file used by the ATI Graphics Driver of Windows to help make sure that your PC is able to process important settings for your system. This particular file is used primarily to help control a large number of advanced options for your PC’s graphics driver, and is used continually to help make sure that your computer can run as smoothly as possible when playing games. A lot of people have experienced problems with their computers and have reported seeing an error directly linked to the ATI2DVAA.dll file.
What Causes The ATI2DVAA.dll Error
Usually these types of errors occur due to:
- Windows files and settings have changed
- Registry settings have been tampered with
- Important files have been deleted
How To Fix The ATI2DVAA.dll Error
Step 1 – Manually Replace The ATI2DVAA.dll File
The first step is to replace the ATI2DVAA.dll file on your PC. The problem for a lot of people is that this file will basically be unable to be loaded – leading your system to run much slower and with a lot of problems. To fix this, you can manually replace the ATI2DVAA.dll file on your PC with these steps:
- Download ATI2DVAA.dll from the Internet
- Save the ATI2DVAA.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current ATI2DVAA.dll on your system
- Rename the current ATI2DVAA.dll to ATI2DVAABACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new ATI2DVAA.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 ATI2DVAA.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 2 – Download The Latest ATI Drivers
It is important to keep your computer updated with the latest patches and updates in order to keep your system working in perfect order. So the next step is to download the latest drivers.
- Download The Latest ATI Drivers
- Install the driver onto your computer
- See if this fixes the problem
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of ATI2DVAA.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many ATI2DVAA.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.