How To Fix DDraw.dll Errors
The DDraw.dll file is a dynamic link library file which is linked to the DirectX program, and this specific file allows multimedia applications to draw 2D graphics. However for many people who use the DirectX program to create various types of multimedia have experienced an error which quotes the DDraw.dll file, which is because it is has encountered some kind of problem that is likely to be that it is damaged or corrupt. This can happen due to problems originating on your own computer.
What Causes The DDraw.dll Error
- The ddraw.dll file is damaged or missing from your PC
- Your Windows installation cannot read the DirectX program
- Windows has problems with its settings / options
How To Fix The DDraw.dll Error
Step 1 – Re-install DirectX On Your Computer
The first step is to re-install DirectX, as it will often be the case that Windows will not be able to process the settings and options which are required to help this software run correctly. We’ve found this can be a little tricky, but is possible by following these steps:
- Download DirectX Happy Uninstall(DHU)
- Using DHU, you can BACKUP, RESTORE, DISC-ROLLBACK, and FULL INSTALL DirectX.
- DirectX Happy Uninstall support Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008 x86 Edtion and also the latest DirectX 10.0!
- You can backup, restore, rollback, and perform full installation of DirectX with this tool.
- To use it, install the software and then follow the on-screen instructions
Step 2 – Manually Replace DDraw.dll
Manually replacing the wnaspi32.dll file is probably be the best way to repair the error. You need to obtain a fresh copy of the dll file and register it onto your Windows system. Follow these steps to resolve the error:
- Download DDraw.dll from the Internet
- Save the DDraw.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current DDraw.dll on your system
- Rename the current DDraw.dll to DDrawBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new DDraw.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 DDraw.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
The “registry” of Windows is where your PC keeps all sorts of important information to help your system run as smoothly as possible. It’s primarily used to store the likes of your desktop wallpaper, your most recent emails and even your passwords – and is continually being used to help ensure that your system is able to run as smoothly as possible. Although this database is arguably one of the most important parts of your system, it’s continually leading your system to run much slower and with a lot of problems. To resolve this error, it’s essential that you’re able to clean out any of the errors that it may have inside – through using a registry cleaner application.
We recommend using a program called “RegAce System Suite“, as this tool will scan through your PC and fix any of the issues that it may have inside. We’ve found that this tool is one of the most effective in being able to resolve the problems you’re experiencing on your system, allowing your computer to run much smoother and more effectively as a result.