How To Fix Skype Crashes
Skype is a very popular software application that allows users to voice and video calls and chats over the Internet. This application allows you to hold calls from opposite ends of the earth with extremely good quality. But many Skype users have actually reported that they have been using Skype and it has mysteriously crashed on them and haven’t been able to resume the calls they were on.
What Causes The Skype Crashes
There could be many different reasons as to why Skype has crashed many people’s computers but a lot of these causes may not be the sole cause. However below are some of the main causes of the Skype crashes:
- Specific Skype files and settings have been damaged or corrupt
- Windows settings have changed
- Internet connection timed out
How To Fix The Skype Crashes
Step 1 – Re-install Skype
The first step is to re-install Skype. This will basically allow the software to replace the files & settings that could be causing problems. To fix this problem, you can follow these steps:
- Click Start
- Control Panel
- Add/Remove Programs
- Uninstall a program
- Once the list of programs has loaded select Skype and Uninstall it using the wizard
- Restart your computer
- Re-install Skype
Step 2 – Reset Your Modem Or Router
The next thing you should do is reset your modem or router, as this will refresh your Internet connection. To reset the modem or router follow the instructions:
- Disconnect the cable that connects the computer to the modem
- Turn off the modem and the router.
- NOTE: If the modem or the router does not have a power switch, disconnect the power to the modem or to the router.
- Restart the computer.
- After your computer has restarted, turn on the modem or the router, connect the cable from the computer to the modem or the router, and restart the computer.
- Make sure that all network cables are securely connected.
- Start Internet Explorer.
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of Skype errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many Skype errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.