Steps to fix the Wmasf.dll error
The Wmasf.dll file is a Windows Media ASF dynamic link library file, which is responsible for a number of different processes regarding Windows Media services. When using this service a lot of users have experienced an error that has details about the Wmsaf.dll file.
What Causes The Wmasf.dll File Error
An error like this would be caused by either one of the following:
- Specific Registry keys have been damaged or corrupt
- Windows Media settings have been changed
- Window settings are damaged
How To Fix The Wmasf.dll File Error
Step 1 – Manually Replace The Wmasf.dll File
- Download Wmasf.dll from the Internet
- Save the Wmasf.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current Wmasfdll on your system
- Rename the current Wmasf.dll to WmasfBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new Wmasf.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 Wmasf.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 2 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of Wmasf.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many Wmasf.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.