How To Fix The Windows Error 0x80070006 Code
0x8007006 code is an error you might receive when you try to use the “Windows Defender” application. This program is the in-built Antivirus tool that protects the Windows system, and is shown if your computer is not able to process the important options that it requires to run this application.
Error Code: 0x8007006
What Causes The 0x8007006 Error
Common causes of this error are going to be:
- Registry keys are out of place or damaged
- Windows settings have been changed
- Important files cannot be found
How To Fix The 0x80070006 Error
Step 1 – Disable Windows Defender
The first thing to do is to re-install Windows Defender. This will not only ensure that your PC is able to process the files that this important program requires to run, but also ensures that your PC is able to operate as effectively as possible again. Here’s how to do it:
- Run Windows Defender from Start Menu.
- Click on Tools button.
- Then click on Options link under “Tools and Settings” section.
- Scroll down the “Options” page, and uncheck the check boxes of the following two settings:Use real-time protection (recommended) under “Real-time protection options”
Use Windows Defender under “Administrator options”
Note that both options MUST be unchecked for the Windows Defender service in Windows Vista to be completely stopped. Else, only real-time protection is disabled.
- Click on Save button.
- A “Windows Defender is turned off” dialog message will appear, confirming that Windows Defender no longer runs. Once the Windows Defender is disabled, it’s sort of been uninstalled too, as any attempt to run the program will bring up “Windows Defender is turned off dialog window and unable to proceed to Windows Defender main window anymore.
Beside, Windows Security Center will display a red alert icon in notification area (system tray) which warns users about stop functioning of spyware and other malware protection software.
Step 2 – Perform A System Restore
The next step is to restore your system, as this will likely give your PC the settings & options that it needs without the system restore. The way to do this is to follow these steps:
- Open the Start Menu.
- Click All Programs – Accessories – System Tools – System Restore.
- Restore your PC back to a date when you can remember it was working well
Step 3 – Clean Out The Windows Registry
One of the big causes of the iPhone Sync errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many iPhone sync errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.
Install your favorite anti-spyware software to remove this alert.