How To Fix utildll.dll Errors
The Utildll.dll is a file which is used by the Microsoft WinStation application utility program. This file is there to make sure that Microsoft WinStation is able to function properly. For many people Microsoft WinStation has been the cause of many problems for users as they have been receiving errors with information regarding the Utildll.dll file.
What Causes The Utildll.dll Error
Usually errors which have given information about a specific file are normally caused by a number of things which include the following:
- Registry keys have been damaged
- Windows settings have been changed dramatically
- WinStation files have been damaged
- Utildll.dll file is corrupt
How To Fix The Utildll.dll Error
Step 1 – Manually Replace The Utildll.dll File
The first step to fix the utildll.dll file is able to be read on your PC. This can be done quite easily by downloading the utildll.dll file from the Internet, and then installing it onto your computer by using the steps outlined below:
- Download Utildll.dll from the Internet
- Save the Utilldll.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current Utildlld.dll on your system
- Rename the current Utildll.dll to UtilldllBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new Utildll.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 Utildll.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 2 – Re-Install Microsoft WinStation
The next step is to re-install the Microsoft WinStation application on your PC. This will basically allow your computer to read all the files and settings that your computer will need to operate WinStation.
- Click Start
- Control Panel
- Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall for Windows 7 users
- When the list of programs load select Microsoft WinStation and select uninstall
- Follow the wizard
- Restart your computer
- Re-install Microsoft WinStation
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of Utildll.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many Utildll.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.