How To Fix Windows Error 1327
The Windows Error 1327 is an error which is related to install Microsoft Office 2000 from an administration point, and you may receive the following error:
“Error 1327. Invalid Drive: Drive”
What Causes The Windows Error 1327
An error like this would usually be caused by the following outlined below:
- Microsoft Office Registry keys have been damaged
- Windows settings have been changed
- Windows registry keys have been deleted
How To Fix The Windows Error 1327
Step 1 – Use Registry Editor To Install Microsoft Office 2000
The “registry” is one of the most important parts of Windows, as it’s where your computer keeps all the settings, information & options that are required to run. Unfortunately, the registry is continually becoming damaged, leading to the likes of the 1327 error to form.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
- In Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
- In the right pane, note the values in the Data field of each entry. If any value contains a drive that is not correct for your computer, right-click the entry, type c:\my documents in the Value data box, and then click OK.
- Repeat step 4 for each entry whose Data value contains an incorrect drive.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 for each of the following registry keys:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
- Install Office 2000.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
- Close Registry Editor.
Step 2 – Update Windows
It is vitally important to keep Windows updated with the latest patches and upgrades in order for your system to work properly. To update Windows follow the necessary instructions below:
- Click Start
- All Programs
- Windows Update
- Follow the wizard and install all updates
- Restart your computer
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of Windows 1327 errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many Windows 1327 errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.