SDL.dll Error Fix Tutorial
sdl.dll is a file that’s used by the “Simple DirectMedia Layer” application – an important piece of software for games. This program is used to manipulate video playback for a number of important games that you can play on your PC, and is used continually to help make sure that your system is able to process the files & settings that it needs to run. Unfortunately, SDL.dll is continually causing a large number of problems due to the way in which this file will either become corrupted or damaged.
What Causes SDL.dll Errors?
The problems which cause this error include the likes of;
- sdl.dll will be unreadable or damaged on your PC
- Windows will have errors with the “Simple DirectMedia Layer” program
- Your PC will not be able to process the files that are required to run sdl.dll
How To Fix SDL.dll Errors
Step 1 – Install The Simple DirectMedia Layer Application
The first step is to install the Simple DirectMedia Layer application, which is free to do. You can do this by following these steps:
- Download Simple DirectMedia Layer
- Install the software onto your PC
- Try playing your game again
Step 2 – Manually Replace sdl.dll
Manually replacing the sdl.dll file is probably be the best way to repair the error. You need to obtain a fresh copy of the dll file and register it onto your Windows system. Follow these steps to resolve the error:
- Download sdl.dll from the Internet
- Save the sdl.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current sdl.dll on your system
- Rename the current sdl.dll to sdlBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new sdl.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 sdl.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 3 – Clean Out Your PC With A Registry Cleaner
One of the big causes of sdl.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many wnaspi32.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.