Windows 57 Error Fix Tutorial
Windows 57 Error is an error which can occur when you try to install Microsoft .Net 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .Net Framework 3.5 family update using the Windows automatic update. It is likely to happen during the installation of anyone of these updates.
What Causes The Windows 57 Error
An a Windows error like this one would usually be caused by the following:
- Registry keys are damaged or corrupt
- Windows settings have changed
- .Net files are corrupt or have been deleted
How To Fix The Windows 57 Error
Step 1 – Locate The Installation Error Code
First, we will ask you to locate the installation error code that your computer recorded when the installation failed. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update or Microsoft Update.
- On the Windows Update Web site or on the Microsoft Update Web site, click Review your update history. A window opens that shows all the updates that have been installed or that have failed to install on the computer.
- In the Status column of this window, locate the update that failed to install, and then click the red X.
- A new window opens that displays the installation error code.
- Note the error number. You will have to type or paste the error number in a search box in the next step.
Step 2 – Search For Error Code In The Windows Update Troubleshooter
Next, we will see whether the Windows Update troubleshooter can determine which steps you should take to try to resolve this problem. To use the Windows Update troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- In the open window that contains the installation error code, click Find Solutions.
- In the Microsoft Update or the Windows Update window, in the Type keywords here box, type or paste the error number that you noted in substep “c” of “Step 1: Locate the installation error code”
- Click Search.
- If the search returns links with suggestion of what you should try next, click the links, and then try to resolve your problem with the steps provided in the related articles.
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of Windows 57 errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many Windows 57 errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.