Wbtapi.dll is a file which is related to the Bluetooth software 1.4.2 Build 21 program. Bluetooth software is used by computers to communicate and also transfer files. A lot of people who use this software have experienced an error which detailed information about a particular file which is ‘Wbtapi.dll’.
What Causes The Wbtapi.dll Error
This particular error would have been caused by things which include:
- Damages files and settings
- Windows Registry settings have been changed
- Bluetooth software settings have been deleted
How To Fix The Wbtapi.dll Error
Step 1 – Manually Replace The Wbtapi.dll File
Replacing the file will prevent the error occuring if the file is missing. You can do this by:
- Download wbtapi.dll from the Internet
- Save the Wbtapi.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current Wbtapi.dll on your system
- Rename the current Wbtapi.dll to WbtapiBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new Wbtapi.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 Wbtapi.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 2 – Re-install The Bluetooth Software
If any files that are contributing to the Bluetooth software error then it is recommended that you re-install the software.
- Click Start
- Control Panel
- Add/Remove Programs
- Select the bluetooth software when the program list appears
- When the software has successfully uninstalled restart your computer
- Re-install the bluetooth software
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of Wbtapi.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many Wbtapi.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.