How To Fix Wab32.dll Error
Wab32.dll is a file which is directly related to the Windows Address Book that contains database and user interface enabling users to find and edit information. The Windows Address Book is used by so many people but there have been a number of people complaining that they have experienced an error which includes details of a file name which is ‘Wab32.dll’.
What Causes The Wab32.dll Error
An error like this would normally be caused by the following:
- Damaged Windows Address Book files
- Windows files and settings have been corrupt
- Registry keys have been damaged or deleted
How To Fix The Wab32.dll Error
Step 1 – Manually Replace The Wab32.dll File
Replacing the file will prevent the error occuring if the file is missing. You can do this by:
- Download wab32.dll from the Internet
- Save the Wab32.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current Wab32.dll on your system
- Rename the current Wab32.dll to Wab32BACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new Wab32.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 Wab32.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 2 – Re-Install Windows Address Book
If any files or settings that are contributing to the Wab32.dll error then re-installing the program would be recommended.
- Click Start
- Control Panel
- Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall a program for Windows 7 user
- Select Windows Address Book and click Uninstall
- Once Uninstalled restart your computer
- Re-Install Windows Address Book
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of Wab32.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many Wab32.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.