Osetup.dll (Office Setup Engine) is a Dynamic Link Library (.dll) file & is an integral part of the Microsoft Office Suite. Osetup.dll can be found in a sub folder of C:\Program Files. Osetup.dll is an essential part of the Office 2007 suite of software, and has been designed to help control the various components & plugins that the Office programs need.
However errors can occur which relate to the Osetup.dll, you may have received this error messages:
- “X:\outlookr.WW\Osetup.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present.”
- “Osetup.dll Not Found”
- “This application failed to start because osetup.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “Cannot find [PATH] \osetup.dll.”
- “The file osetup.dll is missing”
- “Cannot start [Application]. A required component is missing: osetup.dll. please install [Application] again.”
- NOTE: “X” is a variable and it refers to your CD/DVD Drive.
What Causes Osetup.dll Errors?
Osetup.dll errors are usually caused by situations that lead to the removal or corruption of the osetup.dll. Registry errors, viruses and general everyday use can cause this file to become unusable. Here’s how to fix them:
How To Fix Osetup.dll Errors
Step 1 – Manually Start The Installation
The biggest problem that causes osetup.dll errors is because the Office setup plays in “Autorun”. This distorts the file path references for the file, and leads your computer to become unable to process it. To fix this problem, you should manually start the installation, which should allow Windows to gauge exactly where the file is located:
- Click Start, then click Run.
- Click the Browse button and navigate to your CD or DVD drive.
- Double-click setup.exe.
Step 2 – Copy The Setup Files To Your Hard Drive
Windows can often become confused with CD files, making it a wise decision to put them on your Hard Drive. To do this follow these steps:
- Open up “My Computer”
- Browse to the CD Folder
- Select all the Office 2007 files
- Copy them by pressing CTRL+R
- Click onto an available hard drive
- Create a new folder
- Paste the files using CTRL+V
This will put the installer files onto the hard drive of your system, which should help your system better read the files it requires to run.
Step 3 – Clean The Registry
The registry is a large database inside Windows, which stores references to all sorts of pieces of information & settings for your system. Unfortunately, this part of your computer is continually being damaged, which leads to errors such as the Osetup.dll error showing. To fix this, you need to make sure that you are able to use a registry cleaner program that’s going to be able to fix the various settings that often become corrupted, which should allow your PC to run the file without any problems. This is highly recommended because it will allow you to clean out any potential errors that are causing the osetup.dll errors.