Ymmapi.dll is a file associated with the Yahoo! instant messaging system. This system allows users to interact over the internet in a variety of ways, such as instant messaging, VOIP, webcam chat, online mobile phone messaging and many others. Yahoo! instant messaging system is a very popular piece of software and is used widely around the world.
What Causes the Ymmapi.dll Error?
More often than not, these types of error arise when one of three things have changed:
- Windows settings have changed
- Registry keys have been deleted
- Specific files have been moved and placed somewhere else
How To Fix The Ymmapi.dll Error
Step 1 – Manually replace the Ymmapi.dll file
You can easily replace the Ymmapi.dll file by following these instructions:
- Download Ymmapi.dll from the Internet
- Save the Ymmapi.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current Ymmapi.dll on your system
- Rename the current Ymmapi.dll to YmmapiBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new Ymmapi.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 Ymmapi.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 2 – Update Windows
It is always imperative that you download the latest updates available for Windows. To do this, you can:
- Click Start
- All Programs
- Windows Update
- Follow the wizard and install all updates
- Restart your computer
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of Ymmapi.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many Ymmapi.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.