ftd2xx.dll Errors & What To Do To Fix Them
ftd2xx.dll is a file that’s used by “FTDI FTD2XX Drivers from FTDI Ltd”, basically meaning that it’s used to help control a number of important operations on your PC. We believe the file is specifically used to help control some of the inbound & outbound operations from a hardware control card, and is used continually by a number of important pieces of software to help process a number of important options on your system. If you’re seeing errors with ftd2xx.dll, you should look to resolve the various problems it may have.
What Causes Ftd2xx.dll Errors?
The common errors that ftd2xx.dll will cause include:
- “ftd2xx.dll not found”
- Ftd2xx.dll is missing. Re-installing the application may resolve this issue
- Cannot find ftd2xx.dll. Please re-install this application
The main cause of this error will be with this file not being able to process the various settings it requires to operate. The way it works is that Windows will continually try and open the file to help perform a number of important operations; but it will be the case that the file will either be missing, corrupted or have some sort of error that will be preventing it from operating correctly.
How To Fix FTD2XX.dll Errors
Step 1 – Re-Install Any Programs Causing The Error
The first step to take is to re-install any of the programs which are causing the error. This will replace any of the files these applications will use to run, and therefore allow Windows to process the ftd2xx.dll file properly again. You can do this by following the steps here:
- Click “Start“
- Click “Control Panel“
- Click “Add / Remove Programs” (Windows XP) / “Uninstall A Program” (Windows 7)
- Remove The Software Causing Problems
- Restart Your PC
- Re-Install The Software
Step 2 – Manually Replace FTD2XX.dll
Manually replacing the d3drm.dll file is probably be the best way to repair the error. You need to obtain a fresh copy of the dll file and register it onto your Windows system. Follow these steps to resolve the error:
- Download ftd2xx.dll from the Internet
- Save the ftd2xx.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current ftd2xx.dll on your system
- Rename the current ftd2xx.dll to ftd2xxBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new ftd2xx.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 ftd2xx.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry Of Windows
We’d also recommend cleaning out the “registry” of your PC. This is a large database which stores all the important files, options & settings for Windows inside, and is used to help your system to recall such information as how many emails you have, and what your desktop wallpaper is. Although this part of your system is highly important, it’s continually causing a large number of errors which will include the likes of ftd2xx.dll errors.
We recommend using a program called “RegAce System Suite” to fix the various problems that the registry may have. We’ve found this tool to be the most effective & reliable at fixing the largest number of genuine Windows errors.