What To Do If “Windows Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low” Appears On Your PC
The “Windows Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low” error occurs in Windows 2003, 2007, and 2010 versions and happens as you attempt to start any of these operating systems. This error is indicative of memory issues in your PC. Virtual memory is a utility that allows your computer to use your hard disk as RAM (random access memory), and is used when running programs such as Word or Excel. This error will often prohibit you from using such programs.
What Causes This Error?
This error usually appears when you turn on your PC, and you will see a message similar to this:
“Window Virtual Memory Minimum too low. Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file. Some application requsts may be denied during this process.”
This error happens when you try to start a program in Microsoft Office where the paging file value setting level is deemed too low. Although this error normally happens in MS Office, it can also occur in other programs and applications.
How To Fix The “Virtual Memory Is Too Low” Error On Your PC
Step 1 – Download A Specially Designed Microsoft Fix
Microsoft know about this issue and have designed a fix for the problem. When you download and run the Microsoft Fix for Virtual Memory issues, the Initial size value of your system will increase by 1.5 times the amount of RAM used, while the Maximum size value will be upped by three times the amount of RAM. You can perform this fix by doing the following:
- Download The HotFix From This Link
- Go to the Resolution part of the page then click on the Microsoft Fix it icon.
- Select the Run tab in the File Download box then follow the steps that will be shown
This should fix the problem and stop the error message from showing next time you start the computer. However, if it doesn’t work, proceed to the next step.
Step 2 – Increase The Virtual Memory Of Your System
Another way of remedying this issue is to increase the virtual memory of your system manually. Doing this should provide programs like Office with the RAM they need to operate normally and put an end to the errors you are seeing.
- First choose Start on the Windows Bar
- Right click the My Computer icon then select Properties
- Choose the Advanced option on the Systems Properties box
- Select Settings on the Performance window
- Next select the Advanced button on the Performance Options box.
- Next click on the Change option on the Virtual Memory pane.
- Set the Initial size and Maximum size values to a higher level.
- Next, select Set then confirm by clicking on the OK tab.
- Close the Performance Options box by clicking on the OK button.
- Close the Systems properties box by selecting the OK button.
Hopefully this should fix the problem, but if not, there is one further step you can try.
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry Of Windows
Many users fail to realise that majority of computer problems such as system errors like the “Windows Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low” error can be attributed to the registry, which is a sector of your PC that functions as a data warehouse for your files and programs. The entries in this registry are crucial for your PC.
For example, Windows stores in the registry all the settings and files it needs to operate properly. Without these settings, it cannot remember how certain programs and files were configured, which would then result in problems such as the Windows Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low error. To remove error causing files and settings in your registry, you need to use a reliable tool to scan this sector for errors and fix any problems. Download a reliable registry cleaner and run it to fix any issues in this important sector.