Windows 10: How to Disable the Login Screen
If you are using Windows 8 or are already trying out Windows 10, then you’ll know that it’s tied to your Live account. So when you log into your Windows, you also log into all Microsoft’s services. But what if you can’t be bothered entering a password on your home computer? If you’re not too concerned about your computer’s security, here is how you can disable the login screen on Windows 10.
How to Disable the Login Screen on Windows 10
It’s not too hard to disable Windows 10 login screen. Here’s what you need to do:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Run
- Type netplwiz in the box and hit Enter
- This will open the User Accounts window
- In the User Accounts window, uncheck the “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.”
- Click OK
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect
Keep in mind that you should never disable your password if it’s a shared computer or if it’s a laptop.