Wnaspi32.dll Error Fix (Wnaspi32.dll Not Found)
WNAspi32.dll is a file that’s used by the “ASPI” protocol – a type of function that allows your software to burn software onto CD’s & DVD’s. Although WNASpi32.dll is an important file for the likes of Nero, SmartBurn, FireBurner & Roxio, it’s continually causing a large number of errors. In order to resolve this, it’s recommended that you first ensure the software is working correctly, as well as then fixing any of the errors that Windows might have.
This error will typically show in this format:
Error ASPI Manager (Wnaspi32.dll) not found. ASPI Interface disabled.
What Causes WNAspi32.dll Errors?
The errors you’re seeing are generally caused by these following problems:
- The wnaspi32.dll file will be corrupted / damaged
- Windows will not be able to process the settings that its software needs to run
- Your PC will have some errors with its “registry” database
How To Fix WPASPI32.dll Errors
Step 1 – Re-Install Any Software Causing Errors
The first step is to re-install any programs that will be showing the wnaspi32.dll errors. It’s often the case that games will be unable to process this file correctly, and thus show the errors you’re experiencing. To fix this, you can follow these steps:
- Click onto “Start“
- Locate “Control Panel” & click it
- Click onto “Add / Remove Programs” (Win XP) or “Uninstall A Program” (Win 7)
- Click onto the game that’s causing problems
- Click “Remove“
- Follow the Uninstall Process
- Restart Your PC
- Re-Install The Program
This will remove the problematic application from your system, and will make sure that your computer is able to properly process the files that it will need to run. We’ve found that this will work for about 80% of systems with the WNAspi32.dll error
Step 2 – Manually Replace WNASPI32.dll
Manually replacing the wnaspi32.dll file is probably be the best way to repair the error. You need to obtain a fresh copy of the dll file and register it onto your Windows system. Follow these steps to resolve the error:
- Download WNASpi32.dll from the Internet
- Save the wnaspi32.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current wnaspi32.dll on your system
- Rename the current wnaspi32.dll to wnaspi32BACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new wnaspi32.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 wnaspi32.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 3 – Clean Out Your PC With A Registry Cleaner
One of the big causes of wnaspi32.dll errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many wnaspi32.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.