Runtime error r6034 usually arises from the use of a “C runtime library” without using a manifest. This way of loading your C runtime library is not supported, and hence this error is displayed. This error could appear when you first load Windows, or after use of a program that requires a C runtime library, such as Visual Basic. To correct this problem, continue onto the following steps.
What is Runtime Error r6034?
The runtime error may show in a dialog box as follows:
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application’s support team for more information
The application cannot run the C runtime library as it requires the use of a manifest. Without this manifest the application cannot continue and this is the error it produces. To solve this error on a Windows PC, please check the following steps.
How to Fix Runtime Error r6034
Step 1 – Start in Safe Mode
Starting your computer in safe mode will run only the essential parts of the operating system required for use. To start in safe mode:
- Restart your computer.
- When the computer starts you will see your computer’s hardware being listed. When you see this information start to gently tap the F8 key on your keyboard repeatedly until you are presented with the Windows 7 Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Using the arrow keys, select the Safe Mode option.
- Press enter to load in Safe Mode
- When Windows starts you will be at a typical logon screen. Logon to your computer and Windows 7 will enter Safe mode.
- Do whatever tasks you require, and when you are done, reboot to go back into normal mode.
This normally filters out the errors that may arise, including error r6034. However, this step is not a fail safe and therefore if this does not work, continue on to step 2.
Step 2 – Clean Boot
A clean boot is not as bad as it seems. It only stops the services that are unessential to the use of the PC. To carry out a clean boot:
- Click Start > type “msconfig” in the search box and press enter.
- User Account Control permission. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, Or click Continue.
- On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
- Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup items check box.
- Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All. Press OK.
- It will prompt you to restart. Restart your PC and check whether the problem is resolved.
This method will allow you to filter out specific programs for the cause of the runtime error r6034. It will take time but it is a thorough method. If this method does fail, then check the next step.
Step 3 – Clean Out Viruses
Viruses are a huge cause of the r6034 error because of the way which these rogue pieces of software infect your PC and corrupt all sorts of settings. One of the biggest problems is that they often block access to the Internet, which can cause the 10061 error. To fix this problem, it’s advisable that you clean out your PC with a reliable antivirus program, such as our recommended “XoftSpy“.
Step 4 – Clean Out The Registry
Another big cause of Runtime errors is down to the “registry” of your system. The registry is a large database which stores files and settings that your PC requires to run, and is what Windows uses every day to help it recall such information as your desktop wallpaper and even your latest emails. Unfortunately, the registry is also one of the biggest causes of problems for your computer, as it’s constantly becoming corrupted and leading your computer to run with many errors as a result. To fix this problem, it’s advisable you use a registry cleaner to scan through the part of your PC and repair any of the damaged settings that are inside it. You can use our recommended registry cleaner below: