How To Fix The ‘Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage’ Error
When you use Internet Explorer to view a webpage you may experience an error which informs you that Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. The error message will look something like this:
“Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage“
What Causes The “Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage” Error?
There could be many reasons why this error would occur, however the most likely causes are going to be:
- Problems deep within the Windows registry database
- Internet Connectivity Issues
How To Fix The Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage Error
Step 1 – Reset The Modem Or Router
The first thing you should do is reset your modem or router, as this will refresh your Internet connection. To reset the modem or router follow the instructions:
- Disconnect the cable that connects the computer to the modem
- Turn off the modem and the router.
- NOTE: If the modem or the router does not have a power switch, disconnect the power to the modem or to the router.
- Restart the computer.
- After your computer has restarted, turn on the modem or the router, connect the cable from the computer to the modem or the router, and restart the computer.
- Make sure that all network cables are securely connected.
- Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2 – Update Windows
It is important that you have the latest updates of Windows on your system so it can run as smoothly as possible. to update Windows follow the instructions:
- Click Start, All Programs
- Click Windows Update
- Follow the on-screen wizard and download all updates
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of Internet Explorer errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many Internet Explorer errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.