How To Repair HP Printer Error 49
When you try and print a document with a HP printer you may receive the error 49 code. This is usually caused by a communications failure between the printer and the computer, or related file errors. However there are other causes which lead to the imminent error such as, invalid print commands, corrupt data or invalid operations. In some cases, electrical “noise” can cause corruption to data during transmission to the HP printer. Other such causes are poor quality parallel cables and poor connections. You can fix this error pretty easily by using the tutorial on this page.
What Causes HP Printer Error 49?
The Printer Error code 49 is normally caused by a communications failure between your PC and the printer. The problems that cause this error include:
- Invalid print commands
- Damaged data transfer
- Invalid operations
- Registry errors
How To Fix The HP Printer Error 49
Step 1 – Calibrate The Printer
To stop the error from returning you should follow these steps:
- Press Cancel Job on the printer to clear the print job from memory.
- Turn the printer off then turn it on again.
- Try printing a job from a different software application.
- If the job prints, go back to the first application and try printing a different file.
- If the message appears only with a certain software application or print job, contact the software vendor for assistance.
- If the message continues with different software applications and print jobs, disconnect all cables to the printer that connect it to the network or PC.
- Then turn the printer off.
- Remove all the memory DIMMS or third party DIMMS from the printer (DO NOT remove the firmware DIMM in slot J1).
- Remove all the EIO devices from the computer.
- Turn the printer on.
- If the errorno longer appears, install each of the DIMMS amd EIO devices one at a time, making sure you turn the printer off and back on as you install each device.
- Replace a DIMM or EIO device if you think that it causes the error.
- Also remember to connect all the cables that connect the printer to the network or computer.
- If the error persists, replace the firmware DIMM.
- Replace the formatter and calibrate the printer. See Calibrate now.
Step 2 – Clean Out The Registry
This next step is a crucial part to ensure your computers safety and overall working. The ‘registry’ is a large database inside the Windows system which stores vital settings & options that your computer needs to run. This part of your PC is an essential storage facility for all the crucial elements of your system – including such features of Windows as your latest emails and even your desktop wallpaper. Unfortunately, the registry often causes a multitude of errors on your system, as it’s continually being damaged and corrupted, leading Windows to show errors like error code 49. To ensure this is not a problem, you should download a registry cleaner and let it clean out all the errors from your system. You can see our recommended tool below: