If Facebook is opening slowly for you, there are a number of steps you can take to resolve the problems that you’re experiencing. The bottom line here is that in order to resolve problems with Facebook, you have to first ensure that your PC is able to handle the various technologies this website will be using to run, as well as then ensuring that your PC is able to process the various parts of its system to effectively read the files it has. We’ve found that there are a number of potential problems that will be leading Facebook to run slower – meaning that if you want to resolve the problems your PC may have, you should fix these various issues in the best way possible.
What Causes Facebook To Load Slowly?
- Disable third party toolbars installed in your web browser
- Re-Install Your Web Browser
- Clean the Internet Cache
- Disable Browser Extensions
- Clean and Defrag the Registry
We’ve found that although Facebook is continually being upgraded & optimized, one of the biggest causes of problems for it is simply with the way in which your PC will be unable to process the settings it requires to run. To resolve this, it’s recommended you use a program that’s going to repair any of the problems that your system may have.
How To Fix Facebook Problems
Step 1 – Disable Third Party Toolbars On Your Web Browser
The next step is to disable the third party toolbars that you may have installed on your web browser. We’ve found that any extra “extensions” to the likes of FireFox or Chrome will in effect slow your PC’s ability to process the settings it requires to run. This problem is mainly caused by the bloating of a web browser, and can be resolved by cleaning out any of the third party extensions that you may have installed. This can be done with these steps:
- Open up “Chrome”
- Type this into the address bar: chrome://extensions/
- Disable any of the extensions that you have installed
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu and select Add-ons. The Add-ons window will appear.
- In the Add-ons window, select the Extensions panel or Plugins panel.
- Select the add-on you wish to disable.
- Click the Disable button.
This will remove any of the potentially slowing extensions that can often cause the application to run much slower. We’ve found that this process is actually very effective in making your PC run much smoother.
- Download “JavaRa”
- Click onto the program & let it remove the Java installation on your system
- Restart your PC
- Download the Java program again
- Let it install onto your system
Step 3 – Re-Install Your Web Browser
This step is simple. You have to re-install your web browser to make sure that your computer is going to be able to process all the files and settings that it needs to run. We’ve found that a lot of the new browsers that are in existence will actually become bloated, leading your PC to run much slower and with problems:
- Click “Start“, select “Control Panel“
- In control panel, select “Add / Remove Programs” or “Uninstall A Program“
- Click onto the Web Browser listing in that list
- Click “Remove“
- Follow the uninstall process on your PC
- Restart Your PC
- Download a new version of the browser & install it onto your system
Step 4 – Clean The Internet Cache
The “Internet Cache” is where your PC stores all of the images, files and settings that allow it to reload websites faster. This means that if you want to make Facebook load up properly, you should clean out the cache on your browser. Here’s how to do it:
- Load up Your Browser
- Click “Tools” or “Options”
- Locate “Clear Browsing Data”
- Select “Clear Internet Cache”
This will get rid of any of the potential problems that will lead the Facebook website to run slower, providing your PC with a much required ability to run faster again.
Step 5 – Clean & Defrag The Registry
This is a very important step, as it will allow your computer to process the various settings and options that are required to help your PC operate as smoothly as possible. We’ve found that a lot of the time, registry errors will cause all sorts of problems, from having corrupted files on your system, to various applications running slower. To fix this problem, you should definitely look to use a registry cleaner application to clean out any of the errors that your PC may have.
We’ve found that a program called “RegAce System Suite” is the best for this. You should download this program, install it and then let it clean the errors on your PC.