For many people Internet Explorer 9 was going to pave the way for a better and faster Internet browsing experience, however for some it has caused them a lot of bother. A lot of Internet Explorer 9 users have reported that this latest browser is causing a number of problems for them, one of which being that it continually stops working every time they close down a tab or exit IE9.
What Causes The “Internet Explorer 9″ Has Stopped Working Error
There could be a lot of reasons why Internet Explorer 9 could stop working but the most likely causes are going to be:
- Windows registry problems
- Internet connection issues
- Out of date drivers
How To Fix The Internet Explorer 9 Has Stopped Working Error
Step 1 - Update Drivers
The first step is to update the drivers of your PC. This will basically allow your computer to process the advanced commands that Internet Explorer 9 has, and consequently allow you to get the most out of your system. To do this, you should follow the steps:
- Download a program such as “Driver Finder”
- Install the software onto your PC
- Let it scan through your PC
- Update the drivers it finds are out of date
Step 2 - Update Windows
It is important that you have the latest updates of Windows on your system so it can run as smoothly as possible. To update Windows follow the instructions:
- Click Start, All Programs
- Click Windows Update
- Follow the on-screen wizard and download all updates
Step 3 - Check Your Connection
The next step to fixing the Internet Explorer 9 errors it to check the connection of your PC. This can be done by following the steps outlined here:
- Disconnect the cable that connects the computer to the modem
- Turn off the modem and the router.
- NOTE: If the modem or the router does not have a power switch, disconnect the power to the modem or to the router.
- Restart the computer.
- After your computer has restarted, turn on the modem or the router, connect the cable from the computer to the modem or the router, and restart the computer.
- Make sure that all network cables are securely connected.
- Start Internet Explorer.
Step 4 - Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of Internet Explorer 9 errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many Windows errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading RegAce System Suite, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.